Sunday, August 8, 2010

3 days in Shanghai (Aug 5 to 7)







I had to fly to Shanghai a few days after I came back from Europe, I was lazy but really had to get some stuff done, tax, bank, apartment search...etc...and of course I was dying to see my friends especially Sandy, my best friend!

I stayed at the Peninsula on the Bund this time, all is good with this hotel but I realized this type of glamorous 5 star city hotel is not my cup of tea anymore and I felt money was wasted. The room was filled with multiple digital panels including a nail dryer, panels showing outside temperature and humidity, cordelss fone panels with speaker in the toilet room as well as the bathroom, very thoughtful but unecessary.

We had a very nice dinner at Mr. Willis the first night, lots of wine and good food. It was great to see Karen, Tsai Tung and my brother. Sandy and I went back to my room and headed to the bar downstairs for more wine and of course we didnt get to bed with a clear head.

My best friend Sandy called me the following afternoon to join her at this new boutique hotel also on the bund but a bit further down,the first thing she said to me was you will love this place! She knows me well, a boutique hotel just opened with only 19 rooms in a loft setting, roof top bar with wonderful view of the river and Pudong, reminds me so much of New York. So we went to the bar twice that day, afternoon and evening, after a very delicious Shanghainese dinner, I havent had such yummy Shanghainese food in a long time, Im still drooling over the dishes.

3 days ended fast, it was hard to leave my friends but I do miss my girls tremendously and I really want to make it back for father's day for my hubby!

Friendship is therapeutic, I cherish these rare friendships and love my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment